All About Momentum
Salomon felt they generated a ton of momentum last year with the release of the Shift binding and some noticeable changes to construction of their QST line on both the men’s and women’s sides. So they ran with it. Now, looking at the lineup of 2020 Salomon skis, there’s even more to be excited about. All the QSTs get new constructions and should even more playful and stable. All the changes are mirrored in the women’s QST Lux, Lumen, and Stella.
The QSTs for 2020 get thicker sidewalls to improve durability and beefiness. The carbon, basalt, and flax are blended together in the new models from tip to tail, and there’s an extra layer of flax plus cork tips to optimize dampness at a lower swingweight.
“All of this allows you to really attack your steeps,” said a Salomon rep at Outdoor Retailer.
- The Salomon Shift binding comes back unchanged for 2020.
- The S Force series rolls out as a new frontside all-mountain ski with wider waist widths than the S Max skis.
- New construction for QST 92, 99, and 106: Poplar core, thicker sidewalls plus carbon, basalt, and extra flax, all blended together throughout the skis. New tip shape and shorter taper. Cork tips keep swingweight down while also dampening the skis.
- QST 118 remains the same but gets a new topsheet and cork added.
- New S Pro line of boots feature reinforced core frames, seamless liners, and fully custom uppers and lowers in a performance boot that begins at a 100mm last.