A household name when it comes to protection, the Smith Vantage has been around for a few years now and if it's not broke don't fix it. There are 21 vents with dual climate control to make sure you are getting the proper airflow out on the slopes. AirEvac2 helps exhaust that hot air from your goggles, right out of the top of the helmet. The SL2 earpads are fully removeable for washing or less insulation on those hot days, not to mention they have the ability to drop in Outdoor Tech chips for all your audio needs. With all this technology to add comfort and safety to your days on the hill, it is a no brainer that this helmet is one of the best in the industry. Get yourself a Smith Vantage for the season, and you will not be disappointed.
Aerocore Technology featuring Koroyd
Nanosilver Performance Lining
Adjustable Boa FS360 Fit System
Snapfit SL2 Ear Pads
Hybrid SL Shell Construction
AirEvac 2 Ventilation
Low-Profile Dual Regulator Climate Control
Skullcandy Audio Systems Available
Certification: ASTM F 2040, CE EN 1077:2007 CLASS B
Weighs 17.5 oz
Small fits 51-55cm; Medium fits 55-59cm; Large fits 59-63cm; X-Large fits 63-67cm
Can I mount a Go Pro or another action camera easily on this helmet?
Yes, the Vantage is quite receptive to having action cameras mounted on to it. I am sure that in the R and D phase of the Vantage, they purposefully did not put vents or other helmet features in spots where cameras are most typically mounted. The forehead portion is clear for mounts in the center and would gladly accept the 3M curved mount that Go Pro includes in every package and the top of the helmet would accept the flat 3M mount.
Is there a goggle clip or something to hold goggles on the helmet?
Yes, Smith has the most versatile helmet clip out there which is actually a simple elastic rope mechanism that you can easily take on and off. The elastic rope may sound cheap to some folks but the truth is, it allows you to wrap fully and easily around whatever goggle you may be using. This is much better than a standard plastic clip because sometimes the plastic clips will not close around a hard plastic piece on the goggle and sometimes are not even integrated with the helmet structure.
I have a rather large head and most other helmets do not fit, will the Vantage work?
The Smith Vantage small, medium and large sizes, should fit 90% of the head shapes out there and are available in the full color range. Smith also offers a limited run of the Vantage in XL sizing at 63-67cm. These are truly just for the biggest of heads and we have found it is the largest when comparing to every other brand and model we carry. Most of the time colors are just black and grey.
Is the helmet warm enough or do I need to wear a hat underneath?
For 95% of the people out there, the helmet and padding will be plenty warm, even on the super cold days. Of course some folks just get a lot colder than others or may have bad circulation so they may want something additional. Just a thin skullcap underneath the helmet will go a long way, you should never need a thick beanie or anything like that. Since the Vantage is equipped with the 360 degree boa system, you should have no problem adjusting a bit to accommodate a skull cap.
What is the Warranty like on the Smith Vantage?
In our experience, Smith has the best warranty policy and they are extremely easy to deal with. Smith has a lifetime warranty on all manufacturers' defects. That would include things like moisture build up in a goggle lens or improperly functioning vents on a helmet. If you drop your helmet out of a car going 45 mph, don't expect it to be covered by warranty. The policies and procedures are laid out carefully at http://www.smithoptics.com/customerwarranty.
What is the best way to listen to music in the Vantage?
Every year Smith has a partnership with an audio company that they recommend to use with their products. For the past few years, Smith has partnered with Skullcandy for their audio systems. You will see three options from Skullcandy that work with the Vantage; the Bluetooth system, Singleshot system, and Direct Connect. In 2016 Smith will be moving on to partner with Outdoor technologies which should have similar offerings, stay tuned. That being said, the Vantage does have zip in compartments that, as long as it fits, you can probably use a bunch of different products.
Does this helmet have venting and is it adjustable?
Being that the Vantage is Smith's top of the line helmet, it has the best adjustable venting on the market featuring 21 total vents! The Vantage has independently operated front and back venting that have three different positions each; fully closed, half closed, and fully open. Essentially you have a plethora of options for venting depending on what the day may bring. The Vantage is also the only helmet that gives you Koroyd honeycomb protection underneath the vents!
Can I use another goggle brand with a smith helmet?
Yes, nothing will stop you from using another brand goggle with a Smith helmet, although there are some definite advantages to using Smith goggles with Smith helmets. The main problem people run into when using another goggle brand will be gap spacing in the forehead area and improper flow of air. Smith sells their goggles and helmets with the promise of, "Ultimate Integration." This means now gaps and perfect airflow through the system.
We ship fast. Really fast. Orders placed Monday through Friday before 1pm Mountain time will ship the same day.
$0.00 via Standard
$7.99 via 3 Day
$9.99 via 2 Day
$29.99 via 1 Day
The map below shows shipping speeds with our Standard (non expedited) shipping option.
Come visit our retail store in Golden, Colorado!
$24.99 via USPS Priority Mail Intl 6-16 Days
$39.99 via Economy 5-18 Days
$99.99 via Priority 3-8 Days
880 Brickyard Circle
Golden, CO 80403
Monday through Friday 8:30am-6:30pm. Saturday and Sunday 8am to 5pm.
You are welcome to pick up your skis. Please note our business hours - Monday through Friday 8:30am-6:30pm. Saturday and Sunday 8am to 5pm. Aside from CO sales tax, there is no additional charge to pick up your skis.
Skis mailed to continental US addresses will be mailed through UPS Ground. Expect 2-5 days for transit time. Skis are typically shipped by the next business day.
Skis to Canada will be mailed via USPS Intl Priority Mail. Please allow 4-14 days for delivery.
We can ship some, but not all items beyond the US and Canada. Please see our shipping information here.
Skis are packaged in telescopic boxes. We have mailed over 10,000 skis with a 100% shipping success rate.
We are happy to combine shipping and will ship the 2nd set for free.
Yes, email or call us and we will be happy to recommend a pair of skis based on your ability level, preferred terrain and other factors.
Please click on the "Easy Returns" link below.
The skis we sell are in working condition when we get them but if you somehow receive a pair that has a problem then we will offer a full refund. We cannot offer a warranty beyond this.
We may have a product you are looking for in stock, or we might be able to order it. Contact us and we will find out.
We have never offered any kind of coupon. For a full explanation of why, go here.
Submit Return Online: Click here to return an item.
Email: Click here to email us.
880 Brickyard Cir. #150
Golden, CO 80403
We work with the best manufacturers in the winter sports industry, but occasionally defects do occur. If you think your product has a manufacturing defect please contact us. We'll work with the manufacturer to determine if their warranty covers the damage. Determining if the issue is a manufacturing defect is solely up to the manufacturer, not Powder7. Please note, this process can take several weeks and we will keep you updated as we correspond with the manufacturer.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE COMPLETING YOUR PURCHASE. THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND WAIVER OF CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS.
1. The purchaser, being at least 18 years old or that if he/she is younger than 18 years of age, is supervised by a parent or guardian who has read and agreed to the following release (hereinafter referred to collectively as "I").
2. In consideration of being allowed to purchase this used equipment from Mile High Athletic, Inc. (doing business as Powder7.com) I hereby agree and understand that I am buying it in "as is" condition and that there are no implied or express warranties whatsoever with respect to this equipment. I agree to freely and expressly assume and accept any and all risks of use of this equipment including those risks which may be caused by defect in the equipment.
3. Further, I hereby hold harmless, release, indemnify and agree to defend Mile High Athletic, Inc, its subsidiaries and affiliates, their respective officers, directors, agents, servants and employees (hereinafter referred to as "Shop"), of and from any liability claims, demands, actions and causes of action whatsoever arising out of related to any loss, damage or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me while using this equipment including, but not limited to, those injuries caused by the negligence and/or breach of warranty, express or implied, on the part of the aforementioned Shop.
4. By execution of this release the Shop shall be indemnified for any injury to other person(s) or property which I may cause as a result of using this equipment.
5. I agree that I have visually inspected the equipment before using it and did not see any problems with the equipment prior to usage.
6. I further agree to assume full responsibility for maintenance and/or adjustment of the equipment by a certified binding technician prior to usage.
7. I CONTRACTUALLY AGREE that any and ALL DISPUTES between myself and the Shop arising from my purchase of this equipment, and INCLUDING any claims for personal injury and /or death, WILL BE GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF COLORADO and EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION thereof will be in the state court residing in the county where the alleged tort occurred or the federal courts of the State of Colorado.
8. IN THE EVENT ANY SECTION OF THIS RELEASE IS FOUND TO BE UNENFORCEABLE, THE REMAINING TERMS SHALL BE FULLY ENFORCEABLE.
9. THIS RELEASE SHALL BE BINDING TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. This Release shall be binding upon my assignees, subrogors, distributees, heirs, next-of-kin, executors, personal representatives, and administrators and may be pled by the Shop as a complete bar and defense agains any claim, demand, action or causes of action by or on behalf of the Purchaser.
I/WE HAVE CAREFULLY READ THE FOREGOING LIABILITY RELEASE, UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS AND BY CONTINUING THE PURCHASE AGREE THAT I/WE UNDERSTAND IT WITH FULL KNOWLEDGE OF ITS SIGNIFICANCE.